Today I thought I would share one of my family’s all-time favorite pasta dish. This is one of those meals that take a little time and taste amazing. I can remember this was one of the meals we would have for Sunday dinners growing up or someone would always ask for it as their Birthday dinner. I can honestly say I’m not a big pasta eater, but I would never pass this meal up. I hope you enjoy this Baked Tortellini as much as my family does!
1-19 oz Frozen Cheese Tortellini
1 lb Sausage
2-24 oz Spaghetti Sauce
8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
¼ Cup Grated Parmesan
¼ tsp Salt & Pepper
½ tsp Italian Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 casserole pan
2. In a large skillet, cook the meat until it is brown then drain the fat.
3. Mix in the sauces, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and cream cheese.
4. Let simmer for about 15 minutes. The longer it simmers the better the taste.
5. Cook pasta al dente according to package
6. Drain Pasta
7. Gently toss the pasta into the sauce.
8. Add 1 Cup of Mozzarella cheese then pour into a grease casserole pan.
9. Sprinkle in the remaining cheese.
10. Baked uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
11. Put under broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese turns brown, but not burnt.
Recipe by: iheartnanascooking.com