The leaves are beginning to turn here in Pennsylvania,Fall is on its way. I am one of those people who love Fall, love all the bright colors. With 2 of my 5 grandchildren playing Fall Ball this year, I don’t have a lot of time for cooking,
so I use my crockpot a lot around this time of year.
I thought I would share one of my children’s all-time request Hot Sausage Bean Soup. I was really surprised that the grandchildren loved it too. This is one of the easiest
recipes to make and it tastes so good.
1 lb. hot sausage (out of casing)
1 Large Onion (diced)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1 Cup BBQ Sauce (any kind)
1 Can Tomato Soup
1 Can Butter Beans (drain liquid)
1 Can Kidney Beans (drain liquid)
1 Can Yellow (Wax) Beans (drain liquid)
1 Can Pork & Beans
1 Can Green Beans (drain liquid)
- Over medium-high heat cook sausage until pieces are brown and cooked.
- Add olive oil and onions and continue cooking until they are brown. I spray my slow cooker with cooking spray just to make clean up easy.
- Add remaining ingredient to your slow cooker
- Add hot sausage and onion mixture.
- Stir cook on low for 6 -8 hours
Recipe by: https://iheartnanascooking.com