Tonight is date night at Nana’s house. A few of my wonderful grandchildren will be spending the night. Now every time my oldest grandson Brandon-Lee (8-year-old) comes over, we have to make Nana’s Snickers Poke cake. It’s always the same thing that never changes lol. Now I am not a very big fan of chocolate, but I love a snickers bar every now and then. This cake has turned out to be one of my grandchildren’s favorites so I make it a lot. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine do. Enjoy!!
1 (18 1/2 oz) Chocolate Cake Mix
1 (14 oz.) Package Caramels
1/2 Cup Butter
1/3 Cup Milk
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
3/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
2. In a bowl prepare cake mix according to package directions.
3. Pour 1/2 of batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
4. In a saucepan combine caramels, milk, and butter and melt over medium heat.
5. With the end of a wooden spoon, punch holes into the hot cake and pour melted caramel mixture over cake.
6. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels and pecans.
7. Spoon the remaining cake batter over top of chocolate and pecans.
8. Return to oven and bake about 25 additional minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
Recipe by: https://iheartnanascooking.com